General Description: Elementary Homeroom Teacher
The PreK Homeroom Teacher is the faculty member in charge of a single Pre-K3 or Pre-K4 classroom. As that class’s primary educator, he/she is charged with overseeing the formation and education of the students in their core academic subjects as well as supervising their play and outdoor time. The homeroom teacher will foster a rich, gentle, playful, structured, and thoughtful environment and rhythm for the students’ day and will set and keep behavioral expectations in line with the rest of the school. He/she will design and implement syllabi towards the successful completion of the established curriculum, maintain grade books, and establish proper communication with parents.
Elementary Homeroom Teacher Responsibilities:
- Teaching—The Elementary Homeroom Teacher is responsible for the instruction of the core academic subjects on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and special topics on Tuesday and Thursday. The Elementary Homeroom Teacher will:
- Teach number familiarity, letters and sounds, bible stories, history, and nature studies on M/W/F, as well as supervise all free play and outdoor time.
- Manage classroom orderliness, cleanliness, and habits (with the assistance of students and the facilities and janitorial teams).
- Teach special topics classes in music, art, and gardening on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
- Administration—At The Saint Constantine School, we value teaching first and foremost, so administrative duties will be focused solely on those things that benefit your classroom and the families of your students.
- Establish and maintain a syllabus for the class that clearly outlines for parents the goals, learning outcomes, and work you expect the students to accomplish in the year.
- Maintain grade books for all students, updating grades and comments (when applicable) every two weeks or more.
- Send bimonthly email updates to parents about the work and progress of your classes.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required. Teaching experience in a classical, Charlotte Mason, or Waldorf school preferred. Extensive personal and/or professional experience in working with children. Excellent rapport with students of all ages. Special skills or interest in art and music, or training in the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd preferred. Strong understanding of the ethos and values of The Saint Constantine School philosophy of education and play.
Reports To: Dean
Salary Classification: Full time, exempt
Supervision Of Others: None
Hours Per Week: 40*
*This is a teaching position, and at times may require investments above and beyond the aforementioned, approximate time commitment, including some evenings and weekends.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive annual salary
- Health insurance paid by school (Family coverage at employee’s option and cost)
- Life insurance, long term and short term disability, paid by the school
- Access to Dental, Vision, 401K and Life Insurance plans
- Tuition benefit for PK -12 and college; Subsidized staff nursery
It is the policy of The Saint Constantine School (TSCS) to make all employment-related decisions for its employees and applicants in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, or disability. TSCS hires individuals who are committed to supporting the school’s beliefs, as expressed in the Religious Requirements for Employed Administrators, Faculty, and Staff of The Saint Constantine School. TSCS will employ only persons who are authorized to work in the United States. All new hires must abide by the TSCS Employee Handbook.