General Description: Nursery Director
The Nursery Director is responsible for the successful operation of the staff nursery and compliance with Texas regulations. He/she will manage a staff and schedule their weekly hours. The Nursery Director is tasked with providing a warm and safe environment for the babies and toddlers ages eight weeks to three years old and supporting their growth and development. In addition, he/she will establish productive communication with parents.
Nursery Director Responsibilities:
- Provides a nurturing and appropriately stimulating environment, implementing a daily schedule for the children.
- Orders supplies for the nursery.
- Maintains nursery use agreements with participating families.
- Manages nursery cleanliness and safety.
- Schedules staff and oversees their work.
- Ensures nursery is in compliance with State regulations and maintains communication with State liaison.
- Attends department head meetings and updates the other heads on the status of the nursery
- Communicates with parents and provide updates and information
- Leads by example in fostering a love of Christ.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required. Additional education in child development encouraged. Extensive personal and/or professional experience in working with young children. Organized management style. Strong understanding of the ethos and values of the Saint Constantine School philosophy of education and play.
Reports To: Provost
Salary Classification: Full time, exempt
Supervision of Others: Nursery Staff
Hours Per Week: 40*
*As Director, this position is responsible for the overall success of the Nursery and thus may require additional hours and investment beyond the aforementioned.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive annual salary range
- Health insurance paid by the school (Family coverage at employee’s option and cost)
- Life insurance, long term and short term disability, paid by the school
- Access to Dental, Vision, 401K and Life Insurance plans
- Tuition benefit for students in PreK-12 plus College; subsidized staff nursery
It is the policy of The Saint Constantine School (TSCS) to make all employment-related decisions for its employees and applicants in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, or disability. TSCS hires individuals who are committed to supporting the school’s beliefs, as expressed in the Religious Requirements for Employed Administrators, Faculty, and Staff of The Saint Constantine School. TSCS will employ only persons who are authorized to work in the United States. All new hires must abide by the TSCS Employee Handbook.