General Description: Elementary Math Teacher
The Elementary School Math Teacher is tasked with fostering rich, structured, and thoughtful classes that introduce students to mathematical concepts from addition and subtraction to long division, fractions, and beginning algebra. He/she will design and implement syllabi towards the successful completion of the established curriculum, maintain grade books, and establish proper communication with parents.
Middle School Humanities Teacher Responsibilities:
- Teaching—The Elementary Math Teacher is responsible for the instruction of a variety of math classes in grades 2nd – 5th grades. The Elementary Math Teacher will:
- Teach multiple sections of math classes spanning various topics of instruction. Classes will include extensive instruction in essential concepts.
- Manage classroom orderliness, cleanliness, and good habits in students.
- May be asked to facilitate a student club or project.
- Teach special topics elective seminar in a chosen area of interest, or other classes as needed
- Meet with students and parents individually as needed.
- Administration—At The Saint Constantine School, we value teaching first and foremost, so administrative duties will be focused solely on those things that benefit the classroom and the families of our students.
- Establish and maintain a syllabus for the class that clearly outlines the goals, learning outcomes, and work expected over the course of the year.
- Maintain grade books for all students, updating grades and comments (when applicable) every two weeks or more.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree, extensive experience, or certification in subject area preferred. Teaching experience in a classical school preferred. Extensive personal and/or professional experience in working with children. Excellent rapport with elementary students. Excellent written communication. Strong understanding of the ethos and values of The Saint Constantine School philosophy of education and play.
Reports To: Dean
Salary Classification: Full time, exempt
Supervision Of Others: None
Hours Per Week: 40*
*This is a teaching position, and at times may require investments above and beyond the aforementioned, approximate time commitment, including some evenings and weekends.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary range
- Health insurance paid by school (Family coverage at employee’s option and cost)
- Life insurance, long term and short term disability, paid by the school
- Access to Dental, Vision, 401K and Life Insurance plans
- Tuition benefit for students in PK -12 and college; Subsidized staff nursery
It is the policy of The Saint Constantine School (TSCS) to make all employment-related decisions for its employees and applicants in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, or disability. TSCS hires individuals who are committed to supporting the school’s beliefs, as expressed in the Religious Requirements for Employed Administrators, Faculty, and Staff of The Saint Constantine School. TSCS will employ only persons who are authorized to work in the United States. All new hires must abide by the TSCS Employee Handbook.