Assistant Track and Field Coach Responsibilities:
- Administration—The Track and Field Coach is responsible to oversee the co-ed track and field team development and competition at The Saint Constantine School. The coach will:
- Be the primary liaison between The Saint Constantine School and track and field athletes and their families, assisting with try-outs and team formation, organization, registration, and ensuring students meet eligibility requirements in partnership with the Athletic Director
- Manage team practices, ensure appropriate supervision and clear parent communication.
- Manage equipment acquisition, care, and storage.
- Help coordinate team travel with parents and assistant coach.
- Teaching—The Track and Field Coach will coach the team during practices after school immediately proceeding and during the season.
- Understand and communicate the ethos of The Saint Constantine School athletic program to students, faculty, coaches, and parents.
- Attend all meets, helping build positive relationships with competitive schools.
- Encourage great sportsmanship, character formation, and athletic excellence in all athletes in your care.
Qualifications: Coaching experience required. Extensive personal and/or professional experience in junior high, high school, or college competitive sports programs. Experience in staff and student management. Excellent administrative skills, with proven ability to maintain calendars, and rosters. Excellent report with students of all ages. Strong understanding of the ethos and values of The Saint Constantine School philosophy of education and play.
Reports To: Athletic Director, Head of School
Salary Classification: Part time, exempt
Supervision Of Others: Volunteers
Start Date: As soon as approved by administration
Hours Per Week: 15*, Seasonal during the Spring Semester.
Practices: Monday to Thursday, 4-5:30 PM
Meets: Typically during the week or on Fridays and Saturdays
*This is an administrative position, and at times may require investments above and beyond the aforementioned, approximate time commitment, including travel and weekends.
Apply for this position
It is the policy of The Saint Constantine School (TSCS) to make all employment-related decisions for its employees and applicants in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, or disability. TSCS hires individuals who are committed to supporting the school’s beliefs, as expressed in the Religious Requirements for Employed Administrators, Faculty, and Staff of The Saint Constantine School. TSCS will employ only persons who are authorized to work in the United States. All new hires must abide by the TSCS Employee Handbook.